Lineups For Luton

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
_LukeStokes_

Post by _LukeStokes_ »

With some improvements shown offensively against Bournemouth, but again individual errors costing us, what lineup would people like to see Karanka go with on Saturday? For me it should be this:

Etheridge
Colin Dean Friend Pedersen
Gardner Sunjic Harper
Sanchez Hogan Bela

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I'm not sure I can see Karanka dropping Dean, so think I'd probably go with this...

Etheridge

Colin - Dean - Friend - Pedersen

Sunjic - Harper

Sanchez - Toral - Bela

Hogan

Although, wouldn't be adverse to:

Etheridge

Sunjic

Sanchez - Gardner - Harper - Bela

Hogan

Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Connor1875

Post by Connor1875 »

For me, stick with 4-1-4-1 as the performances have improved.

Etheridge

San Jose

Sanchez - Gardner - Sunjic - Bela

Hogan

Feel like in that shape we'd miss San Jose's distribution if he was dropped. Happy to be proved wrong.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Connor1875 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:17 pm For me, stick with 4-1-4-1 as the performances have improved.

Etheridge

San Jose

Sanchez - Gardner - Sunjic - Bela

Hogan

Feel like in that shape we'd miss San Jose's distribution if he was dropped. Happy to be proved wrong.
I can see the thinking in that, but I’m just not comfortable with MSJ there from an out of possession situation. I think his lack of pace and/or energy is an issue that possibly contributes to defensive issues. He likely will stick with him anyway, so hopefully that improves!

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

I would make a fair few changes, freshen it up and let the players know there is other vying for their shirt.

Etheridge
Valery, Clarke-Salter, Dean, Friend
Sunjic
Bela, Gardner, Harper, McGree
Hogan

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I'm not sure large changes will help with confidence at the moment. There have been small improvements, but we need to see a big improvement against Luton.

BlueStu

Post by BlueStu »

I'm suggesting changes needed where obvious improvements can happen ... San Jose needs a rest, and Sunjic is more natural holiday. Gardner/HArper will bring the energy, and we need Colin to support Sanchez. A Valery/Sanchez right side would be woefully exposed ...

Etheridge

Colin - Dean - JKS - Friend

Sunjic

Hogan

My blood boils if we talk about subs, but we have the opportunity to switch 5-3-2 and bring on Valery/Seddon as wing-back supplying Cosgrove ..

Interesting non-one is suggesting anything other than Hogan up-top on his own .. no "clamor for Cosgrove" ?

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

BlueStu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:26 pm I'm suggesting changes needed where obvious improvements can happen ... San Jose needs a rest, and Sunjic is more natural holiday. Gardner/HArper will bring the energy, and we need Colin to support Sanchez. A Valery/Sanchez right side would be woefully exposed ...

Etheridge

Colin - Dean - JKS - Friend

Sunjic

Hogan

My blood boils if we talk about subs, but we have the opportunity to switch 5-3-2 and bring on Valery/Seddon as wing-back supplying Cosgrove ..

Interesting non-one is suggesting anything other than Hogan up-top on his own .. no "clamor for Cosgrove" ?
Hogan has proved he can score goals on his own up top - Cosgrove signing was about depth for me. Develop him and let him settle. But obviously give him more than 2 mins!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Would love to see Cosgrove and Hogan as a 2 but can’t see kranky going for that.

Would also give Harper a go, I think he will keep possession better and we need to be quicker moving the ball and more precise when we have got the ball trying to get into the final third hopefully he’s the man that can bring that

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

The only time we've seen Karanka go with 2 forwards is when we've been chasing the game isn't it? At which point he had no width... 🤯

We'll see where we go, I'm not sure he'll actually change anything thinking about it a bit more!