Keyendrah Simmonds

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
KROJim

Post by KROJim »

It seems that Keyendrah Simmonds has been training with the first team as his quality has been 'massive'
It would be nice to see this kid really flourish and find his feet, potential big fish in a small pond maybe type moment.

Something we can only benefit from in the long haul, but I wonder when or if he will make an appearance much like Bellingham did. I am sure he was pushed into the first team... mostly because he was still better than many we had/have on the bloody books anyway!

Ill take bets on his first, first team appearance.. I'll go for Last Game of this Season Blackburn away where he scores on his debut.

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

It would be nice to see him get 5 mins at some point. Maybe he'll be our League One goalscorer...

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

As we missed out on that extra striker, I'd be more than happy to see him get some game time... if he's as good as they're suggesting. Would prefer more than 5 mins though! Give him 15/20 and a chance to get involved, he'll more than likely do that ahead of Cosgrove the way things have been going!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

It's a good thing he's already training with the first team. Not entirely convinced he'll end up being a striker though and I suspect if he does get a debut this season it'll most likely be from the left wing rather than through the middle.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:17 pm As we missed out on that extra striker, I'd be more than happy to see him get some game time... if he's as good as they're suggesting. Would prefer more than 5 mins though! Give him 15/20 and a chance to get involved, he'll more than likely do that ahead of Cosgrove the way things have been going!
Do you think Cosgrove was wanted by Karanka? Or is he sulking because he didn’t get nisbet aswell?

I slagged kranky for not starting him Saturday and then Hogan bags 2 lol proved me wrong

In that sense would of been a waste singing sam cosgrove and nesbit if we are going to persist with 1 up top as seems cosgrove will have to bide his time before getting a start let alone anyone else

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Id love to see him playing off the shoulder of the last man. Cosgrove could do well with him up top to be honest. Seems a bit of a Sterling type player mind.

I would love for the inverted wingers to stop also. Gone are the days where we had Pennent, Burke, Cotterill throwing crosses in. We genuinely see more chances then I think. I dont think having the inverted wingers with the players we have is right, there isnt enough quality in the finishing.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’m honestly not sure about the Cosgrove signing. We mentioned on the Pod the other week that it seemed bizarre. I can’t imagine Karanka has watched an awful lot of Scottish football, but maybe been presented with the suggestion and a video? I imagine it’s more about having another option. He certainly doesn’t seem trusted at the moment, here for 2 games and having about 3 minutes on the pitch in 2 games we’ve needed goals.

Good shout on the Sterling thing. Could see him working as part of 3, maybe in this current fluid 4141/433 although I would think naturally more in a front 3 without that defensive responsibility.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

This is what worries me with Karanka, every single player has a defensive responsibility, but I dont think that works majority of the time.

I wonder who Cosgrove's agent is?

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

KROJim wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 am This is what worries me with Karanka, every single player has a defensive responsibility, but I dont think that works majority of the time.

I wonder who Cosgrove's agent is?

Kevin Sharp ex Leeds

He has Kelvin Philips too. Can we find any links?

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Sam Cosgrove is with Unique Sports Management. Blues have a few players with them already. Blues were recommended him by Erik Alonso though, who was acting as an advisor to Dong.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!