Keyendrah Simmonds

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Dong seems to seek and then cling to agents doesnt he... hopefully not for too much longer

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Seems a bizarre way of handling things. Dealing with people who only have their best interest at heart.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Because he doesnt actually know what he is doing. Even after all this time he hasnt worked it out. I remember speaking to michael Dunford in his office just after he got in. He came into Maplin where I worked at the time and I had a lot of questions around ownership coming in at the time. He was more tha. Happy to answer but was cagey on the true nature of the ownership and source of the money. He resigned weeks after that meeting. It was at that point that signalled what played ahead. Look at us now. Sorry but I'll never forgive golds and Sullivan for selling up to this lot. The EFL also have a lot to answer for and I'm hoping to do something here once I can get things working and some time in between work!

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

Gold & Sully sold to Carson.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

By this lot I meant Chinese Ownership. We have gone from frying pan to the fire.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Tbf, Chinese ownership doesn’t necessarily mean bad so not sure you can say “this lot”. As you say, by taking on Dunford there was even noises early on that under Carson they were being advised well and taking on football knowledge.

The problem is who those Chinese owners are, what they’re in it for, and the way they run things.

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

Surely the blame lies squarely with Ernst & Young here? Maybe in future the firms facilitating the transfer of a club should be held more accountable?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

sapfo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm Surely the blame lies squarely with Ernst & Young here? Maybe in future the firms facilitating the transfer of a club should be held more accountable?
As Dan has said in the past, they facilitated a sale, there wasn’t a queue of people willing to buy what was actually available...

almajir

Post by almajir »

sapfo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm Surely the blame lies squarely with Ernst & Young here? Maybe in future the firms facilitating the transfer of a club should be held more accountable?
Nope, EY aren't to blame at all.

Seven groups made bids, but only one (Paul Suen) made a bid for the listed company. As EY were appointed by the High Court to look after the interests of minority shareholders in BSH, they had to accept the only bid that did that.

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

almajir wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 pm Nope, EY aren't to blame at all.

Seven groups made bids, but only one (Paul Suen) made a bid for the listed company. As EY were appointed by the High Court to look after the interests of minority shareholders in BSH, they had to accept the only bid that did that.

Thank you. Jogs my memory now.