Wilfbomb! Dong interview.

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
SJ_07

Post by SJ_07 »

So, what do we reckon? Actual hard hitting questions to shed some light or soft, cushty PR piece?

Personally, I’m hoping for a grilling on what’s going on in the background of the club, re- finances, state of the stadium, youth set up... I could go on.

Thoughts?
🏰 ➡️ 🔛

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I'd like to think that Wilf will use it to actually ask some of the tough questions that fans want answering... I actually reckon it'll be more like a sing-a-long and Dong will just be using it as a platform to make himself look good, which as we know he's good at doing.

I reckon he'll answer questions, but fluff them in the way to make it look like he's saying a lot, but really it'll be the way he wants it to appear.

We'll see!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Highly unlikely it'll be a grilling. It's good that Dong is talking to the media, but it is just a box ticking exercise for both parties. Fact of the matter is Wilf can't ask any tough questions and risk the relationship breaking down and therefore missing his scoops!
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Direct reaction to the Brian dick article saying it’s not fair karanka has to face media twice a week when it’s supposedly a partnership

He doesn’t like critics in local media he replied to Moxley on Twitter talking about a line (no idea what he was on about) and chances are he still has read that and all the good feedback it was getting and got on the phone to his mukka Rich

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I can’t even remember what the line thing was on about. I actually thought the stick was he was getting was a tad harsh, but if this is basically a PR exercise for Dong as expected, I think he deserves any criticism he gets.

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Yep..

Going on the radio and saying nowt is worse than not going in the radio at all.

Let's hope for at least some meaningful info....

Oz

Post by Oz »

Let’s be honest here, when do we ever hear from the CEO? Press conferences and few lines here and there on Twitter.

Is this the first interview on the radio?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Alexjames wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:44 pm Yep..

Going on the radio and saying nowt is worse than not going in the radio at all.

Let's hope for at least some meaningful info....
I think there will be some answers disguised as meaningful, and I guess some finger pointing.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Oz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:52 pm Let’s be honest here, when do we ever hear from the CEO? Press conferences and few lines here and there on Twitter.

Is this the first interview on the radio?
I think so... As someone else mentioned, not likely to happen out of the blue unless he’s orchestrated it, is it?

Oz

Post by Oz »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 pm I think so... As someone else mentioned, not likely to happen out of the blue unless he’s orchestrated it, is it?
No but it’s needed now, and with the Dick piece in the mail it’s clear he has to now face some sort of questioning.

If he’s asked his opinion why things have gone wrong for so long, about the ground, his view on the B team idea and long term philosophy I’ll be fine with that.

Let’s just see what happens. We’ve had too much silence for too long and ultimately it’s hit a point where the media are starting to ask questions. That’s how bad it’s got.