Wilfbomb! Dong interview.

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Oz

Post by Oz »

There were many bizarre moments in that interview but one that stood out for me is the below:

"In terms of progression, I am more than happy. We are playing the sort of football we think will get us out of this league. Not like the football we used to play“

I really have no idea what he means here. Is he suggesting that the Karanka style of play, which I assume he was aware of which and that we all know and knew well before he was appointed that he has a highly negative and defensive pragmatic style of football and it is the best style to get out of the league (funny he doesn’t specify what league he means we will get to).

There has been nothing exciting or progressive about this season, nothing. Interestingly, if Dong had said that quote in late 2019 when we were playing quite well in matches I would have understood that we were trying to play a more progressive style of play and it would take time.

This season, under a world renowned Mourinho disciple, nah, not chance.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I literally think choose a comment and there’s something that you could pick out that sounds bizarre...

The out of this division comment got me, and then Wilf said something like “hopefully the right way”
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

FrankyWorthington

Post by FrankyWorthington »

I couldn’t believe he was waxing lyrical about being sustainable proudly stating we’re on course for a £6m loss..when you consider the Bellingham transfer seriously helped with that.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

And Adam’s prior to that... Also keeping in mind that the losses he talked about could be seen as leaking sensitive stock market information...
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!