Dong interview: playing budget

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Something nobody seems to have picked up on from Dong's undoubted pearls of wisdom last night....

Ha said playing budget was now £18 million.

If that's correct (he got a p&l figure wrong so who knows) that's going to be right at the bottom of championship club's budgets (Rotherham & Wycombe notwithstanding).

Again, this is a largely a consequence of Dong's incompetence.

Whilst Karanka is far from blameless he is demonstrably having to work with one if not both hands tied behind his back. No £'s and a scouting set-up undergoing major changes.

But obviously "it'S HiS sUBs"preventing us from being mid-table....🤦
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I take any figures he’s said with a handful of salt, regardless. However he made it clear that Karanka is going to work to a very tight budget, not just that, but that he is happy to do so. I’m not sure it’s something we can do feasibly, whilst competing to leave the league at the right end...

Regardless of what the budget is, the squad is clear for all to see. Karanka’s decisions are baffling no matter what the finances are, imo.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I am wondering if Dong has "pulled a Pannu" without realising..

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

KROJim wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:23 pm I am wondering if Dong has "pulled a Pannu" without realising..
Seems like he may have, potentially...
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!