Super League

Non-Blues discussion and banter.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

a) What are your thoughts on the proposals?
b) Will they happen?
c) If not what will?
d) As we have won as many trophies as Spurs in the past millenium has our invite been lost by the post?
e) Which clubs would have joined if they have an invite?

a) Everything Gary Neville said. The new Champs league is a joke but everyone is distracted by this.
b) Nah
c) Reorganise the Champs League to have more wildcards based on European competition history.
d) The reception staff we furloughed and nobody can't be bothered to collect the letter from the sorting depot.
e) Villa definitely would. So would Dong and co to be fair.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Well, it’s falling apart before it’s began. I’d still punish the sides who agreed to join, heavily.

Man City, Chelsea, Athletico and Barca out and rumours that all 12 clubs are meeting to quash it.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I agree here, there should be some retrospective punishment for sure.

I would also look at those involved in it, at a higher, more political level such as that Perez. The need to be reprimanded in a way, remove some of their voting rights or something for a period I dont know. Hit them where it hurts!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Heavy fines will be fair. Anything else punishes players, fans and managers.

Why aren't more people up in arms about the new Champs League? With the new wildcard element aren't teams like Liverpool and Madrid guaranteed to get in based on past European performance. It doesn't seem right.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Heavy fines won’t punish the greedy with money to burn imo.

I’m not happy about the new Champions League format at all. Not sure how you can begin to protest about that though, and of course, fans of those clubs definitely won’t protest that.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Not sure what would be a fair way of punishing though.

I'm not expecting protests I just thought we'd see a bit more condemnation of it in the papers and in social media.

To me the new format is essentially a tiny step towards what the super league was anyway.

Whilst we're at it the new World Cup format is sh*t too.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’d genuinely ban them all from European competitions next season. Harsh on players and fans, but it hits the whole club where it hurts based on the actions of the owners.