Euros/England

Non-Blues discussion and banter.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

How are we going to do? Who should we start? If the sleepy one scores the winner in the final could you bring yourself to celebrate?

My predictions:

We'll have a disappointing tournament. Round of 16, quarters at best. We'll draw against Scotland.

He'll start a cautious line up with two holding midfielders. It won't stop us looking shaky in defence.

Wales and Scotland to get to the knock out stages.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I have low expectations unfortunately, I hope he proves me wrong. As you say, I think we’ll be negative and stutter to get going. I genuinely think we run the risk of him wasting this talented squad, again, hope I’m wrong.

I’d personally go

Pickford
James White Stones Chilwell

Rice
Jude Mount

Sancho Foden
Kane

But fully expect him to go 3/5 at the back with 2 conservative midfielders.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Agree with that. I would hope he's seen enough in his tenure to realise the cautious approach doesn't work with the squad we have.

Don't know much about White and didn't see much of the last game in which he played. Presume he's better than Mings! Whichever CB pairing you play they look like they have a mistake in them.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

White looked really good in the last game. Mings and Stones pretty much guarantees a mistake per game at the moment. Stones seemed to have cut them out this season but they’ve came back at just the wrong time.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Pashun wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 pm We'll draw against Scotland.

He'll start a cautious line up with two holding midfielders.
Nice to finally get something right.!

Tonight's game wasn't a surprise really. That's how I thought we'd perform. The Croatia game was a good result and we looked good when we tried to get the ball forward quickly. Spent long periods of it like tonight. Defence has been better than I though to be fair. Hope that continues.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

It’s such a tough watch... Need the beer to get through it!

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Mr Cautious has a really talented squad, but is unable to find a positive way of playing..

Its a no from me..

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 pm Mr Cautious has a really talented squad, but is unable to find a positive way of playing..

Its a no from me..
Unfortunately I can’t seem him going anywhere even if we bomb out in the first knockout game.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Yes I agree with that.

Should never have got the job in the first place. He wasn't even very good with the U21s if I remember correctly.

Will be interesting to see the line up tonight.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Well, for about 25 minutes we were allowed to attack, got the goal and kept attacking, and then both midfielders were made to sit deeper and no attempts on goal in the second half?

A lot is being made about our clean sheets, but Italy have had 3 clean sheets and scored 7 goals whilst doing so.

I really think we’ll struggle against better teams, but fingers crossed we either adapt the way we play or shithouse our way to winning the tournament with 1-0’s all the way!