Euros/England

Non-Blues discussion and banter.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Yep. We do look good in the shirt spells when we are on the front foot. Then we revert to Karanka football.

The second half last night was awful, although we looked solid. I just think if we try to defend a 1v0 lead in the knock out stages we'll just get a repeat of the Croatia game in the WC.

Saka has got to be ahead of Rashford in the pecking order now.

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Gareth Southgate is a really decent human being whilst doing a fabulous job managing England’s national football team.

I’m not sure why we think we can win a tournament playing like Brazil, we’ve advanced massively in recent years in terms of technical ability but feck me… remember where we’ve come from.

So 9 games this year and conceded 1?

What would you tactics be based on that?

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

He's certainly exceeded expectations so far. A fair few were critical of him before the tournament not just me but fair play to him. Nobody was expecting us to play like Brazil, I just think we wanted a bit more adventure.

There has been the odd bit of luck here and there (the pen last night, Muller's miss) but which team doesn't have that. We had it in 66 with that Hurst goal. Portugal seemed to get the trophy solely on luck last time. On the whole though we're in the final on merit.

As you say he does seem like a genuinely nice guy and deserves the success he's had so far. What a redemption story it would be if he does win it!

Italy I think will be a different kettle of fish from before. My biggest worry though is nerves. We looked nervy first half last night from about 10 minutes in until Denmark scored. I can imagine they'll be even worse on Sunday.