League this year..

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

We are sitting just 5 points off 5th place currently and we have been awful for a good few games before Saturday

the team in 5th we beat 5-0 at their place.. Cov in 6th

West brom will be up there for the automatics and i know we lost but more than matched them for most of that game

I am NOT saying we should be looking to be top 6 this season BUT had we got it right the previous couple of seasons management wist etc. I think we would have had a proper go this season

I think Fulham and Bournemouth are the best teams in league but after them there isnt a lot in it.

Crazy really everyone (myself included) started to have a slight doubt on bowyer.. relegation fight again..same old same old ect but a win Saturday could take us within 2 points of play offs

This really is a crazy league

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Oh you are so, so right machine

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

Yeah a lack of quality definitely this year. One or 2 very average teams could make the play offs.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I will still be very happy with the mid-table and still building

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

haha if you offered me mid table last week i would of snapped your hand off so i suppose i better manage expectations a bit better.

I would defo be happy with mid table but i feel theres a real chance for somebody as rab said very average to get play offs

Stick or twist in jan?

If we are within 6-8 points of play offs i would go for it as next season you are probably going to have Norwich winning the league again and if brentford and watford carry on doing well could be 2 proper premier league teams dropping down also.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I do feel a good signing in the striker department would push us up to playoff standard but who and what can we afford?? I would be happy with a fast striker from division one or even 2

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Yeah i would defo take a chance from lower leagues...

Che took a couple seasons to get going but what a find he was

All our strikers will be finished in next season or 2 due to contracts ending or age so we could take a punt now..

By 2 seasons time we will have a player that has 2 years at the club used to the system knows the set up ect ready to play.

Dont do that we will be scratching around again and taking risks

I would do the Same with CB,
Roberts is 31 dean similar.. Sanderson isnt ours.

Low risk.. High reward

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Yes 100% with you machine lets hope Craig is on to it